MyFPL wanted to build a community of engaged football fans on their application.
Softicks built a scalable sports application using technologies such as PHP, Drupal, MySQL, Apache, Ajax, Jquery.
It was challenging to design and develop team page, where user selects players from different teams and make his team. It was challenging to put so much information on single page and keep that user friendly at the same time.
– To provide an engaging experience to football lovers
– Giving control to users for selecting favorite team players to form a team of their own
– CTO Softicks: Tanzeel Ghumman
– Founder MyFPL11: Hassan Azam
– Users of fantasy sports are sports fans
– They watch the live sports
– Affiliation with their team
– Fantasy sports fans watch more games
– Their players are from different teams.
– Fantasy sports
– Sports fan community
– Built a sports fan community
– Dedicated subscription based football / Premier league fans community
– Advertisers for sports and fantasy sports products
– Simulating Real Football Premier League
PHP, Drupal, MySQL, Apache, Ajax, jQuery
– User friendly interface (UI) to form fantasy teams.
– Based on player’s actual performance in premier league, user will get points.
– Dashboard to show overall winner and weekly winners. player records and statistics maintenance
– Scheduler script to calculate points for player’s performance
– Business rules to keep team within the allocated budget.
– Users can create leagues to compete with other users
Special architecture design:
– CMS for admin to change/control everything on front end